Thursday, February 2, 2012

My face best suits a villain: Milind Gunaji


We've probably lost count of the number of times he's played the baddie on-screen. But, the multifaceted Milind Gunaji clearly hasn't tired of playing one yet.
As he gives us yet another reason to hate him once again for his wicked character in his forthcoming Marathi flick, Sambha, the actor jokingly says, "I think God has given me a face that best suits a villain! Also, actors get tagged very easily in this industry and that's what has happened in my case." PT gets the actor to talk about not just villainy, but also his first comedy film, his love for travelling and lots more...
Action and fun
All set to explore his comic side for the first time in Navin Batra's Hindi flick Dharna Unlimited, Milind Gunaji says, "There is a lot of situational comedy in the film and I play a Maratha Sardar. The audience can expect to fall off their seats while watching this one." If this film is full on masti, then his role in Sambha will keep audiences on the edge of their seats. Says Milind, "Sambha's an out-and-out action film. I play a politician, who has connections with the underworld. The action and villainous thrill is what makes the role so exciting." However, does he feel that he's on the wrong side of age for an action flick? "The concept of 'age limit' is almost wiped off in the entertainment world today. If Sanjay Dutt or Suniel Shetty can still carry off an action-based role, I am much younger!"

Looking hut ke
While the actor is experimenting with his roles, his bearded look has been a constant. Why no experimentation on that count? He says with a laugh, "Actually, someone once told me that with a stubble, I resemble Clint Eastwood; so I just stuck with it! Seriously speaking, I just did not feel the need to change my looks." Speaking about looks, tell him that he looked every bit royal in the TV serial Veer Shivaji and he says, "I had always aspired to play Shivaji, as his character is very close to my heart, but unfortunately, my height is more than what he was believed to be! However, playing Shahaji was equally satisfying." And what about that bare bodied, sexy look that he recently sported at a jewellery fashion show in Pune? He says with a smile, "Modeling satisfies my ego and gives good monetary returns!"

Pune on my mind
Milind is a Mumbaikar, but Pune has a special place in his heart. The actor says, "Being an ardent fan of Hindustani classical music, I have been a regular at almost all Sawai Gandharva fests. It's an experience that only this city can provide. I love the Maharashtrian thali food here. I have this fetish of searching for the smallest of food joints tucked away in every city I visit. Ranjai and Jaggu Bhai's dhaba are two such finds. For a long time now, I have been the brand ambassador of a very popular clothing brand of the city. Most importantly, Pune is surrounded by forts, which makes it the epicentre of all my travel plans."

'Out of the world'
Speaking about exploring Harishchandragad along with Uddhav Thackeray, Milind says, "Uddhav and I were neighbours and our friendship goes back a long way. He asked me to accompany him when he was taking aerial pictures of Harishchandragad located on Malshej Ghat in Ahmednagar District. It was an out of the world experience." Having hosted his travel show Bhatkanti and Discover Maharashtra, the actor is trying hard for a tie up with an international channel. "If the heritage forts of Maharashtra get covered on this channel it will be a dream come true for me," says Milind.

No comments:

Post a Comment