Saturday, February 11, 2012

I love my son-in-law’s simplicity: Hema Malini


 Ahead of her daughter Esha Deol's engagement ceremony today, Hema Malini shares her emotions with TOI

Dream girl Hema Malini is busy arranging hazaar things today. In-between all these chores, which she is personally supervising, the dream girl makes time to speak to us about her 'little girl' Esha Deol and her damaad Bharat Takhtani...

'He loves my daughter!' Ask Hema, who has a reputation of being a perfectionist, what is the best thing about her son-in-law, and she replies: "The fact that he loves my daughter! But, I also love his simplicity and his lack of inhibitions. He is unfazed about the fact that ours is a Bollywood family. The way he interacts with Dharamji, also speaks volumes about his down-to-earth nature," gushes the MIL-to-be.

'Dharamji cried' Speaking of Dharam paaji, how did he react when the talks of engagement were being finalised? She reminisces with a laugh, "Oh, when we went to Bharat's home to meet him, Dharamji got emotional as we all expected! He had tears in his eyes and he controlled himself with great effort."

'Not sunk-in yet!' If papa is emotional at the thought of sending his daughter away from himself, is Hema geared up for her daughter's bidai? "It hasn't sunk-in yet! This is the biggest day of my life, and right now I don't want to think about Esha going away. But, this thought will come to haunt me after the engagement ceremony," says the mommy as her voice gets heavier with emotion.

Pretty woman! As tears threaten to spill over, try changing the topic and rag her about making a gorgeous mother-in-law and getting numerous compliments, and she says with a shy laugh, "I know people are teasing me about it. But, I haven't really thought about the compliments. It's Esha's big day, and I want her to look the prettiest today!"

Esha's engagement dress Going by the way mama is pulling all stops, Hema's baby is definitely going to sparkle today. So, which designer is she patronising for this special occasion? "Esha is not wearing any designer stuff. All that will happen at the time of wedding! For engagement, she has picked up a dress for herself. Initially, she will wear a traditional South Indian attire. Later, she will change into whatever dress her in-laws get for her," says Hema and signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment