Sunday, February 19, 2012

I'm quirky yet witty: Bipasha Basu


Bipasha Basu, who was in Jaipur recently for a movie promotion, got talking about love, movies, item songs and of course, her dream role...

How is the role in " Jodi Breakers" different from that of your other movies? 

I have been in the movie business since ten years and finally, I have done something which is close to my real self. The role is refreshing for me and it is a reflection of my own self because till date, I haven't done a role which falls in the zone of a contemporary and a happy-go-lucky girl.


What is it that makes this role close to your real self? 

Just like the character in the movie, Sonali, I love to dress up and enjoy life. My philosophy towards life is to enjoy it to the fullest and have fun. I am one of those 'laugh-out-loud' kinds. I am quirky yet witty.

What is your take on marriage/love? 

Any relationship should have love and if there is no love, it is better to call off a relationship. People say that love happens only once, but I don't believe in it because for me, if one relationship doesn't work, you should move on and seek love in another relationship. Who knows, you might find love in the second relationship. Compromises are important in any relation, but agar pyaar nahi hai then elements like cheating and deception come in.

How was it working with Madhavan? 

I look good with actors like Askhay Kumar, Ajay Devgn and Ranbir Kapoor, but I think there is something endearing about Madhavan and Bipasha. We look good together and though people say that ours is an unusual couple, but we look really good on-screen.

Are you playing the role of Bhanwari Devi in the movie being directed by Mahendra Dhariwal? 

Maine toh aisa kuch bhi nahi suna hai and neither have I been offered any such movie. Well, I don't know if my manager has any idea about it (laughs). Irrespective of what the director has been saying, I haven't been offered any such role. But if the script is interesting, I wouldn't mind doing such a movie because I like to keep myself politically updated.

You look fit right now but if you are ever offered a movie for which you have to put on oodles of weight, will you take it up? 

You know, for "Jodi Breakers", I had to put on weight and if you notice, I am a little rounded as opposed to what I was in "Players". I keep going up and down the scale, but I have been fit in the last six years. I feel fit and look fit and it is all because of my seven years of hard work. However, it is not easy to convince myself to put on weight for a movie, it's a battle for me. But, if the film will be path-breaking and change my life and work, I will consider it.

Your song 'Bipasha' in the movie has a semblance with the famous 'Shakira Shakira' song, what do you have to say about it? 

Shakira is a talented singer and I am a huge fan of her. I can only act and lip-sync. When I was informed about this song, I was apprehensive because I am very protective about my name and initially, mujhe samaj nahi aaya tha.

How often do you come to Rajasthan? 

My dear friend and designer, Rocky S, is from Rajasthan and I know a lot of Rajasthani people back in Kolkata too, therefore, Rajasthan is close to my heart. It is a beautiful place and I love its cultural beauty and colours. Also, last year, I took a few days off from work and came to Jaipur for a quiet holiday and if I chose Jaipur as my holiday spot, you can imagine its importance in my life. Like all tourists, I love shopping here, especially jewellery and Rajasthani quilts.

Do you have a dream role in mind? 

I want to do a movie on sports - like a movie on a racer or a marathon runner as I feel I'll fit that bill perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment