Saturday, February 11, 2012

Daniel Radcliffe hates clubbing


Daniel Radcliffe has only been to nightclubs three times.

The 22-year-old actor - who gave up drinking alcohol in August 2010 - insists he is a "dull" person and has never had fun when he has visited late-night music bars.

He said: "I think [paparazzi] know I'm quite dull so they don't really follow me around. I don't do much, I go to work, I do my job, I come home and then I sleep. There's really nothing that I do in between.

"I think I've been to three clubs in my life which were awful nights. It was just terrible, I don't need to go into it. I don't give them as much to be interested in."

Daniel - who spent several months last year appearing on Broadway in 'How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying' - believes he is a better person for giving up alcohol and says sobriety has given him more opportunities to try new things.

He told BBC Radio 2 DJ Chris Evans: "It's restored happiness that I didn't expect, I have the most amazing relationship now with my mum and dad and just with people generally. I don't live in fear anymore."

"There are times when I look at a situation that I'm in and go wow, I would never have been able to be here if I still drank . I would never have been able to do the musical last year, I couldn't have done that. It's been amazing for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment