Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mansi Parekh’s simple fitness tips


I am proud of my arms and abs as they are well-toned, says actress Mansi Parekh as she shares her simple fitness mantras.

My exercise regime

My exercise regime includes doing pranayam everyday and yoga three days a week. I used to work out earlier, but then I realised that I am not a gym person. On the other hand, the routine I currently follow keeps me fit and healthy. Pranayam balances my mind and helps me start my day on a good and positive note. I was extremely prone to sickness before but after having started pranayam, I don't get cold and cough anymore. I practice Vinyasa Yoga, a variation of the traditional yoga with a lot of asanas. I tend to feel like I have come out of a cardio session after having done yoga and it really helps in keeping my body flexible.


My problem areas
Unlike the usual complaint from people on gaining weight, I tend to lose weight extremely quickly. I don't have any particular problem area as such, but I guess the first place where I tend to lose weight on is my face. If I have skipped lunch or dinner, it shows on my face the very next day. People sometimes ask me if I eat enough since I am thin. I am a big foodie and I guess I am lucky that my love for food doesn't show in added kilos on my body.

My strengths
I am proud of my arms and abs as they are well-toned. After having done yoga for so long, they have become strong. Also, due to pranayam, I don't tend to put on weight on my stomach.

My diet
My diet is filled with vegetables. I start my day with a glass of carrot, fresh lime or orange juice. I am a vegetarian and veggies are surely an important part of lunch and dinner. My lunch is a typical Gujarati one with roti, sabji, dal, chawal, etc. My dinner tends to consist of soups, salads and anything I am in the mood for that day. I don't have a sweet tooth at all and have never been fond of sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment