Friday, February 10, 2012

Kareena Kapoor never been on a date!


'Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu' releases during Valentine's Day week, and seems like the perfect romcom for the season of love. The film's on screen jodi, Kareena Kapoor and Imran Khan share their thoughts on love and mush.
Your thoughts on Valentine's Day? Kareena: I don't believe in the idea of celebrating only one day as Valentine's Day. I believe in the power of love and feel it should be celebrated everyday. I am in love everyday and not only on one particular day. Imran: It doesn't mean anything to me. I'd rather take time off for my wife, Avantika, give her emotional support and work on our relationship than send her a bouquet of roses.
Do you remember your first date? Kareena: Believe me, I have never been on a date! I have been in relationships, of course, but no guy has ever told me, 'Chalo Bandstand jaakar nariyal paani peete hain'. Imran: My first date was in Bangalore when I was 15. I went to a boarding school there and the girl and I went to watch "Lethal Weapon" and then to a newly-opened pizza restaurant.

Your ideal date? Kareena: Somewhere around snow-peaked mountains... a very Yash Chopra kind of atmosphere and romance, and me in a beautiful sari! I love snow, fondue and Switzerland, so that would be ideal. Imran: Probably having nariyal paani at Bandstand! On our first V-Day, Avantika and I probably must've gone out for dinner.

Most romantic film? Kareena: "Bridges of Madison County". I love mushy films! Imran: Can't think of any... mush is irrelevant for me.

Most romantic couple offscreen? Kareena: I like Imran and Avantika. They are very cute, relaxed and don't bother about the rest. Imran: I don't remember ever saying, 'Wow, what a great couple!' for anyone.

How do you like being proposed to? Kareena: The guy proposing to me should take me for a nice fondue dinner... I like candles, wine, champagne and strawberries and the typical mushy affair... I love shaadi, mandap, baaraat... Imran: I had filled the room with candles when I proposed to Avantika.

Any dating tips for youngsters? Kareena: I think youngsters today should be giving us tips instead! Before I know it, my niece will be going on a date! Imran: I have nothing to contribute. Relationships are intensely personal. I can't even give tips to my closest friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment