Thursday, February 23, 2012

I'm not competing with Salman Khan: Kulraj Randhawa


Kulraj Randhawa played hardcore Punjabi in Yamla Pagla Deewana and she once again she plays a Punjabi girl in upcoming Chaar Din Ki Chandni, with Tusshar Kapoor as her
co-star.

"I have never stayed in Punjab, I had to pick up the language and get the accent right," says Kulraj. Her character is shown to be fearless, bubbly and extremely talkative."I play a dabangg girl, she doesn't care what she is getting into. But I am not competing with Salman Khan, he remains the original dabangg," she states, flashing her dimpled smile.

"Everybody wants to have a piece of Chandni because she is happy and always ready to help others. She has the best of solutions for everything. Her energy is so infectious that everybody wants to fall in love with her," says the actress about her character. But she adds that playing Chandni wasn't easy. "Chandni had to be loveable yet not irritating. She is innocent yet funny, witty and sharp. So while I had to strike the right balance, I didn't want to overact either. Also, I didn't ape any actress who has played a similar role in the past," explains the actress.

It was veteran actor Anupam Kher and his acting school that helped her get into the character. "I was working with a huge cast with several senior actors. It was not just about playing the lead but essaying the title role of someone who binds the characters together," Kulraj adds

Produced and directed by Samir Karnik, Chaar Din Ki Chandni is slated to release on March 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment